Thursday, March 12, 2009

Physical Therapy update

I kind of left you guys hanging regarding Eli's physical therapy needs with my last post. So let me ease your minds :) When the physical therapist called to let us down gently, she also gave us information for some government programs that are free. And since we are up to our eyeballs in post-placement visits, alien tax identification, re-adoption, and what seems like a never-ending adoption process (it doesn't end when the child comes home!), we are just too weary to fight with insurance. So, Early Intervention is the program that is used in our school district. A very nice lady, Monica, came over on Monday to evaluate Elijah, and she has made a referral for him to get physical therapy at a local practice. She said there is a waiting list but I'm not sure how long.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

thank goodness he will have help! i am sure he will do very well:)

Rob and Candy said...

Hi- I was thinking about Ethiopia today... you on Heather are on my mind.
YAH! I am glad you will get services. We (Igor) used the our school district's services and they were awesome.

Unknown said...

We use early intervention and we love it!!! They usually have really good care because it is sooo regulated through the state. I am so happy you aren't having to go through even more red tape.

Anonymous said...

My heart is bursting with joy and thanksgiving for you and your beautiful blessing! (This is Pamm Muzslay -- I'm not sure if my comment will show up as "Senga," which is a Ugandan word for "Auntie," or as "Texas Preacher Woman, " my blog name.)