Monday, February 25, 2008

Movin' on up



Geographically, not economically :) Matt and I are moving to Seattle! Matt has accepted a position as Associate Pastor of Growth at a church called The Journey. It's not exactly going to be an immediate move, but more of a process over the next couple of months- we'll keep you updated as we progress.

Many have asked how it will affect (effect? I never know which one to use) our adoption. All I can tell you is what our Family Coordinator had to say via email:
"Hi Nicole, I will make the changes. This should not affect your adoption. If you do not receive a referral by June then you will need to contact your social worker to do an addendum which you can take with you to Ethiopia upon travel. Blessings." Good news, eh?

But it brings me to another frequently asked question: How long until you receive a referral? I believe they are quoting a 5-7 month wait for an infant boy referral. So for those of you counting down with us that would be sometime between July and August (Lord willing, of course!). Looks like we'll have plenty to keep us busy while we wait!

4 comments:

Paul and Holly West said...

Congrats on moving to Seattle! That is my home town and I LOVE IT! almost all of my family is still in that area! We will remember you guys in prayer as you are making the transition!
Love,
Holly
http://for-the-love-of-a-child.blogspot.com

beBOLDjen said...

HI there. COngrats on the new job and the move.

Jen
awaa

www.beBOLD.jen.blogspot.com

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Wow! How exciting! Happy Moving!!

Sherry Edwards said...

Nikki, glad your mom gave me your blog link. It was good to catch-up to what is going on in your life. I will anxiously await pictures of your new son.
Now to catch you up on us. Jud and I are still in San Antonio. We have been at Woodland Baptist for 10 years.
Randel married at H.P.B.C. in August it will be 2 years. They have a son (9 months) named Anthony. We never knew being a grandparent could be this fun.
Stacy married 4 months after Randel at our church here in San Antonio. They do not have any children. We are all (7) going to Boston in April to watch Stacy run the Boston marathon. It will be Anthony's first plane ride.
Jud and I have spent the last two summers in Oregon. We love Summer in Oregon. It doesn't get any better. The house where we stay has blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, and blackberries right outside our door. I made 156 jars of jam the first year and we gave them as gifts on the tables in Luckenbach where Stacy had her reception. It was great fun.